Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- The Bronx 10 miler is nearing capacity! Sign up soon if you want to do it. http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Francesca and Elizabeth are leading a run to SingleCut brewery in Astoria on Friday. Here are the details: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our two “easy” runs had great turnouts this week. Our Monday easy run is out of Tiny’s in Tribecca (http://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 231377933/) and our Wednesdaymorning run is in Central Park (http://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 231625672/)
- Steve Crnic – an employee at Brooklyn Running Company and a nutrition expert, is going to give a seminar on running and nutrition on Monday, June 27. Here are details: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The registration site for our 5k road race is up. The race is on August 13 and is a 5k in Astoria Park. It’s only $15 to register until June 30 and then will increase to $20. We’re looking to have some good prizes for individuals and teams, so spread the word: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Pride Run (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Men’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
- Ted Corbitt 15k (not open yet)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results!
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- The NYRR Retro 4-Miler was the fourth club point-race of the year. Our women took third place. Elizabeth Laseter (23:41) and Bianca Jackson (23:52) were in the top 10 for the women. Brigette Kolson (24:38) and Francesca DeLucia (24:38) placed 6th and 7th in their AG. Kim Martineau (25:10) was the 1st woman in her AG.
- Our men came in 7th (6th in the A Division). They were led by Olivier Wijtenburg (21:03), who was 9th in his AG, and followed by Ned Cunningham (21:43); Will Guzick (22:04); Jordan Rose (22:22) and Spencer Zidarich (22:29).
- The Masters Women’s Team took third place thanks to Kim Martineau (25:10-1st AG); Patricia Choux (27:14-4th AG) and Laura Stephen (29:34-6th AG).
- The Masters Men’s Team came in 5th thanks to Jonathan Kline (22:51), who was 2nd in his AG; Frank Drury (23:49-4th AG) and Seoung Hoon Kang (24:14-7th AG).
- Congrats to Perry Anderson (25:35) and Kristen Levy (27:09) on their PRs!
- At the GW Bridge Challenge 10K, Rick Thiounn finished 4th OA and 1st in his AG, running a time of 38:12, which was a 56-second PR for him!
- At the Girls on the Run 5K in Monmouth, Kristen Beren won her AG, finishing in a time of 24:57. Liza Cao placed 2nd in her AG, finishing in a time of 26:05.
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fall Marathon Plan coming soon!