Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, and Fitletic, Inc.
The track meet is this Saturday! We would love to have as many people on the team run it as possible. We currently only have one Whippet woman registered for the mile and need four to win our challenge against NBR. Make sure to register soon so we have good information to make heats and seed everyone. Register here and share it with friends! http://trackmeet.
- If you would like to volunteer at the meet, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The post track meet party info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Retro 4M is nearing capacity. Make sure to register soon here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We have a discount code at Oiselle. Check out info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our Brooklyn Half preview is on 5/7. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing a volunteer water station for the Brooklyn Half. This will count for your plus-one and for a team spot to the 2017 marathon. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Russ is hosting a weekly yoga class taught by Meredith and Leah starting on May 4. Check out information here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Make sure to join our team Strava page here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- Huge congrats to our amazing Francesca DeLucia, who was the FIRST (non-elite) AMERICAN WOMAN and the 49th woman overall at the Virgin Money London Marathon! Francesca finished in 2:56:47, which was an 8-minute PR for her. 2:56:47 is also a new marathon record by almost 3 minutes for the DWRT women!
- Also, Troy Squire ran the Glass City Marathon in Toledo in a super fast 2:37:58, which is a new masters course record and masters team record!
- At the NYRR Run for the Parks 4M last Sunday, Alex Chang placed 5th in his AG finishing in a time of 23:17. Neil Carragher (25:59) and Stephan Brohme (26:09) placed 7th and 8th in their AG. Frank Drury was 1st in his AG, finishing in 24:06!
- For the women, Georgina Norton placed 3rd in her AG, finishing in 26:23. Courtney Reidy (26:27) and Katherine Meltzer (29:50) both placed 6th in their AG. Patricia Choux finished in 27:41 and placed 3rd in her AG. Megan Jones ran a PR of 28:17.
- At the Kiwanis Kingston Classic 26.2, Jarrett Doorentz placed 1st in his AG and 15th OA, finishing in 3:52:26.
- At the Rockaway Spring 10 miler, Eric Buscarino finished in 1:00:26, placing 1st OA!
The McCarren Park Track Classic took place last Friday:
- Competing in the MILE for the women, we had: Elizabeth Laseter (5:14 – 1st OA); Jennie Cohen (5:21– 5th OA); Brigette Kolson (5:28 – 6th OA); Caitleen Kahn (5:35 – 10th OA) and Cassie Wallace (6:06 – 20th OA). For the men, we had: Maclean O’Donnell (4:25 – 1st OA); Lenny Shulgin (4:56 – 12th OA); Matthew Wong (5:00 – 15th OA); Frederick Hines (5:02 – 17th OA) and James Kelly (5:20 – 29th OA).
- Competing in the 1600m women relay, we had Elizabeth Laseter, Brigette Kolson, Caitleen Kahn and Jennie Cohen, who placed 1st for the women and 3rd OA, finishing in 4:49.
- Steven Kang, Pat Sonti, Michael Alcamo and Scott Batten competed in the 1600m men relay, finishing in 4:33 and placing 2nd for the men and 4th OA.
- Fred Hines, Brigette Kolson, James Kelly and Elizabeth Laseter competed in the 4×400 relay, finishing in4:33 and placing 5th OA.
- Chris Solinsky Retires: http://www.letsrun.com/news/
2016/04/chris-solinsky- retires-rank-five-best- moments-career-sub-2700- dominant-foot-locker-title- epic-2011-usa-5000/
- Here’s Why You Ran Slow in Boston: http://www.letsrun.com/news/
2016/04/heres-ran-slow-boston- allyson-felix-pulling-michael- johnson-will-tough-courtney- okolo-makes-history-omar- mcleod/
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets (we now have men’s mediums!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- Post Brooklyn Plan coming soon