Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related. (I’m sorry it’s a bit late this week.)
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, and Fitletic, Inc.
The track meet is next week! Make sure to register soon so we have good information to make heats and seed everyone! Register here and share it with friends! http://trackmeet.
- Thanks a ton to Brooklyn Running Company for sponsoring individual event awards, Runner Clinic NYC for sponsoring the team prizes, and Brooklyn Roasting Company for donating some coffee beans to give away!
- If you would like to volunteer at the meet, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The post track meet party info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are currently in the lead in our mile challenge with NBR, but will need some good performances in the mile next week!
- We have a discount code at Oiselle for 30% off. Check out info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We now have medium men’s singlets in stock! See the apparel section below to learn how to purchase yours.
- Our Brooklyn Half preview is being moved from 4/23 to 5/7 due to Passover. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Russ is hosting a weekly yoga class taught by Meredith and Leah starting on May 4. Check out information here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- He is also hosting a fun event after our Brooklyn Half preview run on May 7. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Custom PT will be doing a running gait seminar: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Make sure to join our team Strava page here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- We had 34 Whippets conquering the 120th Boston Marathon on a pretty hot Patriots Day! Our women took 6th place thanks to Christine Hoffmann (3:05:10); Chandler Rainey (3:06:08) and Michaela Skloven (3:12:49). Congrats on their outstanding PRs to: Zachary Shtogren (2:57:21); Tim Plakas (2:58:09); Atlee Murphy (3:19:05); Tiffany Golden-Stone (3:22:40); Martina Di Marco (3:23:07) and Eileen Costa (3:32:51).
- At the NYRR 2016 MORE/SHAPE Women’s Half-Marathon, Carol Stickler (1:37:34) placed 7th in her AG and Megan Jones (1:45:03) ran an 8-second course PR!
- At the George Wodicka 5K, William Griffith placed 1st in his AG and 5th OA, finishing in a time of 19:40.
- At the NYC Runs Queens Half, Katie Stiles (1:32:43) placed 1st in her AG and was the 4th woman OA.
Pair who wed at London Marathon split over fling with faster woman at running club: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Boston Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/