Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, and Fitletic, Inc.
New Wellness Partner
Upper East Orthopaedics has agreed to come on as a Wellness Partner with the team. Please check them out if you have any injuries issues. See info for them and the rest of our wellness partners here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Note from the team
Please make sure to know the rules of the races you run. There have been several high profile incidents of people running with other bibs that have come up in the media recently, one involving a person on another local team. Our team’s code of conduct specifically addresses this. You can read that here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Young is hosting a run through Queens for some good Chinese food. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are going to do a preview of the Brooklyn Half course on 4/23. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you will be in Boston for the marathon, check out the post marathon party here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Make sure to join our team Strava page here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
- The track meet registration site is now active. Register here and share it with friends! http://trackmeet.
- If you would like to volunteer at the meet, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The post track meet party info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Also, NBR has challenged us. We are going to take the top four times for each team (male and female separately) at the mile at each event. The fastest cumulative time wins! Link to their meet is here: http://northbrooklynrunners.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- Rain or shine, it was racing time for the Dashing Whippets this past Saturday! At the NYRR Scotland 10K, the second team-point race of the year, our women placed third thanks to some fast performances from Elizabeth Laseter (37:16), who was the 10th woman OA and placed 6th in her AG; Jennie Cohen (37:49-6th AG); Jessica Chichester (38:44-8th AG); Michelle Rafferty (38:56-9thAG) and Brigette Kolson (39:09-10th AG).
- Our men placed 6th thanks to MacLean O’Donnell (32:48-6th AG); Olivier Wijtenburg (34:44); Mark Degenhart (34:49); Skyler Mosenthal (34:56) and Jordan Rose (35:13).
- In the masters division, our men placed FIRST! Congrats to: Jonathan Kline (36:20), who was first in his AG; Seoung Hoon Kang (38:17-5th AG) and Frank Drury (38:41-3rd AG).
- Carolina Pena placed 1st in her AG, finishing in 39:10. Theresa Tufaro (42:22) and Caitlin Williamson (44:39) both placed 10th in their AG. Laura Stephen placed 8th in her AG, finishing in 46:22.
- Kaccie Li represented us at the Flushing Meadows 5k, finishing in 19:48 and placing 8th in his AG.
- Rick Thiounn ran the Eastern States 20 Miler, a fantastic race along the beautiful New England coast from Maine to Massachusetts, finishing in 2:18:26.
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Boston Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/