Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, and Fitletic, Inc.
As you may have noticed on our site, Strava has agreed to sponsor the team! We’ve added a widget that displays recent runs uploaded to the group Strava page on the site. We have a target of getting up to 300 members on the Strava group page.
- Here are some details on Strava: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- And the link to our group page: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
Tom Flanagan is our in-house Strava expert, so let him know if you have any questions!
- The track meet registration site is now active. Register here and share it with friends! http://trackmeet.
- If you would like to volunteer at the meet, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Also, NBR has challenged us. We are going to take the top four times for each team (male and female separately) at the mile at each event. The fastest cumulative time wins! Link to their meet is here: http://northbrooklynrunners.
- A few Whippets went to the James Beard Foundation dinner that Elizabeth gave us a deal on last time. She has a second one available for members of the team if you want dinner from an award winning chef (and beer pairing). Check out details here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We would like to collect social media handles so the team accounts can follow everyone. Please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/1asLxcLGBtxKe3iylyZSR_ aRLFS77zxTbG81mioo8Mm0/ viewform
- The post-Scotland Run party will be here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Bronx 10M and the Staten Island Half, both points races, are now open for registration (Bronx: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/new-balance-bronx- 10-mile and Staten Island: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2016/nyrr-five-borough- series-staten-island-half)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- At the 2016 NYRR Spring Classic 10K last Saturday, Eric Buscarino placed 1st in his AG with a time of 38:43. Dioris Romero ran a 46:14; placing 8th in her AG.
- At the Take the Bridge Williamsburg 2.1M last Saturday, Jennie Cohen came in 1st OA, finishing in 11:54!
- Why balance can make or break a runner: https://www.washingtonpost.
com/lifestyle/wellness/why- balance-can-make-or-break-a- runner/2016/03/23/4a9df378- ec69-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_ story.html
- Mo Farah wins bronze behind Geoffrey Kamworor in world half marathon: http://www.theguardian.com/
sport/2016/mar/26/mo-farah- bronze-geoffrey-kamworor- world-half-marathon-cardiff? CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-1
- Scotland Run (full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Scotland Run 10k: http://files.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/