Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.
- We are fielding a volunteer water station at the NYC Half. This will count as a +1 for the NYC Marathon in 2017 and the team will get 1 marathon spot for every 20 volunteers we get: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you get into the NYC Half, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Russ reports that we are running low on the short sleeved tech t-shirts. Make sure to pick one up! Here is the link to purchase one: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are interested in a 10k this weekend, the USATF NY 10k Championships are this weekend: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our annual party has been posted! Check out the details here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing a run through Dyker Heights to see the Christmas lights. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are interested in the Polar Bear Plunge on New Years Day, info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Remember that the Washington Heights 5k is a points race in 2016, so make sure to register! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Ted Corbitt 15K this past Saturday was the last NYRR team point race of 2015. Our women placed 4th thanks to Elizabeth Laseter (58:09 – 5th AG); Henrietta Aitken (1:02:16 – 9th AG); Kim Martineau (1:03:18 – 3rd AG); Kristina Gracey (1:03:34) and Tatyana Abugova (1:03:53). The men came in 6th thanks to Hugh Parker (51:25 – 6th AG); Skyler Mosenthal (53:47); MacLean O’Donnell (54:46); Eric Morley (54:49) and Jonathan Weiss (54:54). Our master women came in 1st, led by Kim Martineau (1:03:18) and followed by Patricia Choux (1:06:50 – 6th AG) and Eileen Costa (1:11:11).
- Meanwhile in San Francisco, our women represented us at the USATF National Cross Country Championships, placing 34th in the 6km race. Congrats to Jennie Cohen (22:51); Kate Snider (23:34); Brigette Kolson (24:07); Jessica Chichester (24:23); Cassie Wallace (25:57) and Helene DeLone (26:00).
- Young Cho ran a 1:38:39 at the Holiday Half Marathon in Brooklyn last Saturday.
- Saturday, December 5th, was a pretty busy morning for our Whippets!
- Andrew Hadro placed 1st in his AG and 5th overall with a time of 1:07:32 at the Men’s Health Urbanathlon, an urban obstacle race that took place in Corona, NY.
- At the NYCRUNS Roosevelt Island Cocoa Classic 5K & 10K on Roosevelt Island, Joe Delano ran the 10K in 39:10 (2nd AG – 10th OA) while David Eng (19:55 – 2nd AG); Perry Anderson (20:44); Timothy Chow (21:30); David Geng (21:50) and Jessica Ong (24:04 – 8th AG) competed in the 5K.
- Meanwhile in Brooklyn, our women placed 2nd and our men placed 3rd at the NYRR Jingle Bell Jog. Congrats to Amy May (27:34 – 1st AG); Julia Siemon (28:16 – 7th AG); Laura Stephen (29:35 – 2nd AG); Jehan Marino (29:53); Jessie Zaccaro (29:59); Lenny Shulgin (23:18 – 1st AG); Joseph Brady (24:44 – 4th AG); Martin Dumas (24:44 – 7th AG); Timothy Mottau (25:32) and Stephan Brohme (26:23 – 3rd AG).
- Last, but not least, congrats to Megan Jones (2:33:41) and Kristen Levy (2:29:58) for placing 1st and 4th in their AG at the NYC Train Festival 25K. Kristen was the 8th woman overall and Megan took 9th place. Congrats, ladies!
- New Olympic Trials Standards Catch Athletes Off Guard: http://www.runnersworld.com/
olympic-trials/new-olympic- trials-standards-catch- athletes-off-guard
- Two Books That Speak to the Running Life: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you want to purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For team jackets, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-