Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.
- Sign up for the NYC Half by December 3! Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Our annual party has been posted! Check out the details here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We now have women’s jackets in most sizes and a few men’s jackets. Purchase them here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are volunteering to wrap donated gifts for the homeless on two dates, 12/7 (http://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 226727735/) and 12/14 (http://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 226727769/).
- Custom PT is doing a presentation on a core strengthening program they have put together for us on 12/9. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For team jackets, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her. Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR Race to Deliver 4M, our women took first place thanks to Brigette Kolson (25:53), who was the 10th woman and placed 1st in her AG; Theresa Tufaro (26:30 – 6th AG); Elizabeth Miller (27:28 – 3rd AG); Daniela Czark (27:50 – 5th AG) and Alfheidur Saemudsson (28:03).
- Our guys came in second, led by Ryan Hepworth (23:20 – 9th OA, 3rd AG) and followed by Lenny Shulig (23:52 – 5th AG); Frank Dury (23:56 – 1st AG); Timothy Mottau (26:45) and John Ferry (27:07).
- Several Whippets represented us at the 2015 Philadelphia Marathon. Kaitlyn Kiernan ran an outstanding PR of 3:06:34. Beatrice Giurlani also PRd, running a 3:40:32. Congrats also to Kevin Ghim (5:03:40); Sue Jean Baek (4:18:13); Monojeet Sengupta (4:29:20) and Sam Ruth (3:27:26). Cindy Del Rosario-Tapan represented us in the half marathon, finishing in 2:09:34.
- A Booming Running Economy: http://triathlon.competitor.