Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.
- Congratulations to all of our marathon finishers! Our women’s team came in 3rd, men’s team 4th, and women’s masters team came in first place!
- Check out all the marathon results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Check out the great blog posts by Cara (http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2015/11/05/comfortable- being-uncomfortable-tcs-nyc- marathon/) and Megan (http://www.dashingwhippets. org/2015/11/04/recap-megan- jones-bqed-on-her-first- marathon-tcs-nyc-marathon/)
- Sam has a great deal for his homebrewing event. Use the code “DWRT” when you purchase tickets and get $2 off and Sam will donate $2 to the team. Also, bring your fall marathon medal and you’ll get two free raffle tickets! Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/226116239/ and purchase tickets here: http://www.brownpapertickets. com/event/1332785
- Sign up for the NYC Half by December 3! Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Remember to register for the last team points race of the year, the Ted Corbitt 15k here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Sign up for USATF for your membership to count for all of 2016. After that, make sure to register for the USATF NY Association XC Championships: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her. Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR Dash to the Finish Line 5K on Saturday, our women took fourth place thanks to Carolina Pena (19:01 – 3rd AG), Kaitlyn Kiernan (19:34 – 8th AG), Brigette Kolson (19:52 – 10th AG), Caitleen Kahn (20:07 – 3rd AG) and Madeline Steiner 21:58.
- Our men came in sixth. They were led by Jordan Rose (17:10 – 9th AG) and followed by Eric Morley (17:19), Matthew Wong (17:37 – 7th), Okke Rutte (17:50) and Garrett Burger (18:05).
- Terrence McGovern (18:10) placed 8th in his AG and Frank Drury (18:41) and Mark Heller (18:41) placed 1st and 2nd in their AG.
- The TCS New York City Marathon 2015 was a humongous success for our team!
- Our women took THIRD PLACE! Thank you Jessica Chichester (2:59:19), Chandler Rainey (3:01:24) and Francesca DeLucia (3:04:46) for making that possible!
- Our men did an incredible job as well, placing FOURTH! Congrats to Hugh Parker (2:33:13), David Roeske (2:37:25) and Chris Dawes (2:39:06).
- All the people listed above placed in the top 100 for their gender! For the New York City Marathon, which is the largest marathon in the world, this is HUGE!
- Full results can be seen here.
- In total, 42 Whippets ran a BQ last Sunday.
- Special congrats on their 26.2 debut to Jeremy Shingleton (3:02:22), Emmi Aguillard (3:12:46); Laura Huselton (3:13:32), Cara Rabin (3:29:23), Megan Jones (3:30:53) and Sara Saori Dan (3:31:57).
- At the HoBOOken 5k last Saturday, Ryan Hepworth ran a 17:33:33, placing 9th overall and 8th in his AG.
- Meanwhile in Arizona, our Michelle Mason completed the 13th Annual Javelina Jundred 100K in 25 hours and 48 minutes.
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-