Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, City Sports, and Fitletic, Inc.
- If you are doing Grete’s this weekend, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- One of our new sponsors, City Sports, is doing a shopping night next week for us. Items will be 20% off. Here’s info! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the Chicago Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are most likely holding a beer mile on October 15. Stay tuned for details!
- See two of our latest blog entries, Chandler’s recap of the Hamptons Half Marathon (http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2015/09/30/chandler- raineys-hamptons-half- marathon-recap/) and a PT post from one of our new wellness partners at Custom PT (http://www.dashingwhippets. org/2015/10/01/why-is-core- strength-important/)
- The USATF-NY Cross Country Championship 10k is on November 8 in Freshkill Park in Staten Island. There’s some good prize money and the team can win some reimbursement to travel to the national meet in December. You need to be a USATF member of the team to count for us. Make sure to join USATF after November 1 so your registration counts for 2016 as well. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Front Runners has invited us to do the last 20 miles of the NYC Marathon at their annual blue line run. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We’ll be doing an NYC Marathon panel with some experienced marathoners. More info to come, but RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you got into the Boston Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our team totally crushed the Bronx 10-mile AND the Bronx 5K last Sunday!
- This year, the Bronx 10-mile became a club point-race. Our women placed third led by Francesca DeLucia (1:03:23 – 5th AG) and followed by Georgina Norton (1:06:56 – 3rd AG), Emmi Aguillard (1:06:59 – 4th AG), Kim Martineau (1:07:25 – 3rd AG), and Tatyana Abugova (1:08:21 – 6th AG).
- Our men had outstanding performances as well, placing fifth. David Roeske was first with a 55:51 (9thAG) and was followed by Luke Baltrusch (56:18), Chris Dawes (57:16 – 5th AG), Jared Dourdeville (59:15 – 9th AG), and Ryan Hepworth (1:00:06).
- For the masters, our women placed FIRST thanks to Kim Martineau (1:07:25 – 3rd AG), Elizabeth miller (1:10:41 – 4th AG), and Patricia Choux (1:10:47 – 5th AG). Our men came in fifth led by Chris Dawes (57:16 – 5th AG) and followed by Seoung Hoon Kang (1:01:44), and Bobby Liu (1:04:34).
- In the 5K, Brigette Kolson was the second woman (1st AG) with a 19:26 and Sue Jean Baek placed 10thin her AG with a 23:28.
- MacLean O’Donnell was second at the first USATF Cross Country race of the season at Van Cortlandt Park in a time of 16:27!
- David Parkinson represented the Whippets in Old Lyme, CT at the Bound For The Sound 10K, running a PR of 37:27!
- At the NYCRUNS Squirrel Stampede 5K, Louis Pelino placed 2nd in his AG and 9th overall with a 20:20. Sarah Lazun was the second woman with a 21:28 (2nd AG) and Jessie Zaccaro placed 1st in her AG with a 22:17. Kristen Beren ran a PR of 25:56!
- At the GOwalk Your Dog 5K in Wolfe’s Pond Park, Staten Island, Megan Jones, Jerlyn Thomas, Nicole Tilzer, and Caitlin Jones placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th.
- Jehan Marino PRd AND BQd at the Berlin Marathon this past Sunday with a time of 3:38:35!
- Ethiopian Athletes Running for their Lives: http://www.washingtonpost.com/
rweb/sports/running-for-their- lives-ethiopians-seek-a-safer- track-in-washington/2015/09/ 27/578ef736-5d52-11e5-8e9e- dce8a2a2a679_story.html
- The incredible story of the Berlin Marathon’s courageous winner: http://mashable.com/2015/09/
29/berlin-marathon-winner- shoes/?utm_campaign=mash-prod- synd-apple-all-full&utm_cid= mash-prod-synd-apple-all-full& utm_medium=feed&utm_source= rss#sdkD6A4vAmqr
- Marine Corps Marathon Course Profile: http://www.runnersworld.com/
rw-vip-featured-content/ marine-corps-marathon-course- profile
- Grete’s Gallop: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/memorial-sloan- ketterings-freds-team- presents-gretes-great-gallop- 131m
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/