Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Check out Young’s race report from the Omaha Marathon: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you know any unattached runners in the Boston area, email me and we will add them to the DWRT-Boston Facebook page so they can join on some informal group runs (before the team officially kicks off)!
- We are restarting the Monday easy run next Monday out of Tiny’s (courtesy of Paul Warthen, who is the executive chef there). You can drop your bag, go for an easy run, and hang out for drinks after. More info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you’re running the Rock and Roll Brooklyn Half, make sure to RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We’ll be doing an NYC Marathon panel with some experienced marathoners. More info to come, but RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The USATF-NY Cross Country Championship 10k is on November 8 in Freshkill Park in Staten Island. There’s some good prize money and the team can win some reimbursement to travel to the national meet in December. You need to be a USATF member of the team to count for us. Make sure to join USATF after November 1 so your registration counts for 2016 as well. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you’ve never run a cross country race or haven’t run at Van Cortlandt Park yet, theFred Lebow XC Championships are a great opportunity. It’s on November 15. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you got into the Boston Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
It was a busy, successful weekend for the Dashing Whippets!
- Even if most people treated this as a training run rather than an actual race, our women still managed to place third at the NYRR 2015 TCS New York City Marathon Tune-Up (18M) this past Sunday! Jessica Chichester was first with a 2:12:14 and placed 1st in her AG, followedby Frances Vignola (2:13:57 and 2nd in her AG). Tiffany Golden-Stone was third with a 2:19:17 and placed 7th in her AG, followed by Brittany Haynes (2:20:35) and Leah Robbins (2:20:42). Caitlin Williamson placed 5th in her AG with a 2:24:41.
- For the men, Justin Anderson placed fifth in his age group with a 1:59:41.
- Meanwhile, on the other side of the Hudson, Chris Dawes and Francesca DeLucia rocked the Newport Liberty Half Marathon! Chris placed second overall with a 1:18:17 and Francesca ran a PR of 1:26:08.
- Down in Brooklyn, Samantha Creath was the second woman overall at the NYCRUNS CAR2GO Narrows Half Marathon, running a 1:31:02. Jennifer Hom ran a 1:43:14.
- Jordan Rose was 4th place in the Morgantown Marathon in 2:53:09. Congratulations!
- Stay Fast As You Age: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Sarah Brown Gears Up for Baby, Olympic Trials: http://www.runnersworld.com/
elite-runners/sarah-brown- gears-up-for-baby-olympic- trials
- How to Handle Running-Related Knee Pain: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Do Probiotics Improve Running Performance?: http://www.runnersworld.com/
nutrition-for-runners/do- probiotics-improve-running- performance
- What to Watch for During the 2015 NCAA Cross Country Season: http://www.runnersworld.com/
college/what-to-watch-for- during-the-2015-ncaa-cross- country-season
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Grete’s Gallop: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/memorial-sloan- ketterings-freds-team- presents-gretes-great-gallop- 131m
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.