Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
First, thanks to Chris and Scott for the great Fifth Avenue Mile training plan. As most of you know, I love these shorter races and it was great to really get out there and blast some of those short workouts. This totally paid off on Sunday and it’s all due to the training plan and the guys that were out there doing the workouts with me.
- The metric marathon is this Saturday and it’s going to be a great turnout. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- I just sent out pace group emails to everyone that filled out the form. We should have some good groups, so if you didn’t receive an email from me, you’ll be able to find a group when you get there on Saturday.
- We’ve tentatively scheduled an NYC Marathon preview panel on 10/19. Keep an eye out for an announcement on that.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Whippets owned 5th Avenue this past Sunday! At the NYRR 5th Avenue Mile, our women got 5th place. Top five women were: Caitleen Kahn (05:20); Alaina Miller (05:25); Megan Lessard (5:25); Elizabeth Laester (5:29) and Jessica Chichester (5:31). Our men placed eighth, led by MacLean O’Donnell (04:23); David Roeske (04:40); Ning Zhou (04:47); Matthew Wong (04:48) and Jordan Rose (04:49).
- At the Lehigh Valley VIA Marathon, Richard Hildebrand got a PR and broke 3:30! Moses Ahmadi ran the half and finished in 1:35:46.
- Hugh Parker was third in the Hamptons Half in what turned out to be a tempo run in 1:15:59 and Zach Shtogren was 9th in the full marathon with a BQ in 3:04:53!
- Grete’s Gallop: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/memorial-sloan- ketterings-freds-team- presents-gretes-great-gallop- 131m
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.