Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Grete’s Gallop and the Ted Corbitt 15k are open for registration. Both are points races. Grete’s is great for people racing the NYC Marathon since it’s four weeks before and simulates the marathon course. Info on that here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/memorial-sloan- ketterings-freds-team- presents-gretes-great-gallop- 131m and Ted Corbitt here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2015/nyrr-ted-corbitt- 15k
- Make sure to sign up for the road race. We’re going to have prizes from Brooklyn Running Company, BPA-free water bottles sponsored by Russ at RunnerClinicNYC and Fitletic running belts for every finisher. The course will be USATF certified. See info here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We would love a few volunteers for the road race, especially a few bike marshalls. RSVP here! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are also having a post-race party. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Check out Elizabeth’s recap of the USATF Club Track and Field National Championships:http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If anyone is interested in the USATF Club Cross Country National Championships in San Francisco this December, let us know. Chris and I are going to start getting a read on interest and seeing what we can do to help fund some of the travel costs.
The other team points races are now open for registration:
- Team Championships (men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (women): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results:
- Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/race-result-submission- form/ Please enter results as far back as to when you first joined the team!
- Several team records were set at the fourth Tuesday Night Speed Series! Scott Batten started off, running 400 meters in 61.24, to set the masters team record. Michael Alcamo then set the 50+ 400 meter record in 71.23 seconds. Elizabeth Laseter ran the fastest outdoor track time in team history in 5:23.88 and was followed closely by Jesse Baldwin-Phillippi in 5:32.95 seconds. Matt Wong and Terry McGovern ran the mile in 4:51.73 and 4:54.50. Scott, Jesse, Matt, and Terry then ran the 4×800 as a workout in 10:01.15 seconds!
- Snack Attacks for Runners: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Run by Effort Instead of Pace: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- How to Avoid Overdrinking: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- For Speedy Master and His Daughters, Running Strengthens a Family Bond: http://www.runnersworld.com/
masters/for-speedy-master-and- his-daughters-running- strengthens-a-family-bond
- Workout Of The Week: Descending Time Trials: http://running.competitor.com/
2015/07/training/workout-of- the-week-descending-time- trials_20960
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.