Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
Note: We now have our singlets at Russ’s office. Please see here for information and make sure to RSVP and pay for the singlet before picking up so Russ won’t have to deal with cash! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Make sure to select the team name on your myNYRR profile before the Brooklyn Half this weekend (if you are running it) to make sure you count for the team!
- If you are running, fill out this form by Wednesday at midnight if you would like to be connected to people running your pace: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/1YeyoHk5_ rOTGZ8XFjyqizv6dhe0EisQ23pS16Y LQX3w/viewform
- We are planning on doing a party on the beach after the Brooklyn Half. If the forecast still looks like rain on Friday afternoon, we may cancel and move to a bar. Here is all the info: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The party will be a potluck (transportation of food items from the start courtesy of Chris Forti). Fill out what you want to bring here: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/ 1pDIrZqQTtRSwsCFnag76wDid06tUj h9gPX11NA-sA68/viewform
- Make sure to RSVP for the race here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We now have New Balance short sleeve t-shirts for sale for $20. We are selling these ourselves – not at Jackrabbit – but at events like the post-Brooklyn Half Party. Here are some pictures: https://instagram.com/p/
18rf8psrCI/ and https://instagram.com/p/ 18rXY4MrBt/
- We will have a beer mile on June 18 at the East River Track. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
The following team points races are now open for registration:
- Mini 10k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (women): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10 miler: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Hugh Parker crushed the Japan Day 4M, coming in 7th place overall and 1st in his age group in 21:06. Other strong performances were run by Tim Mottau in 24:14, Liz Maiuolo in 28:16 (4th in age group), and many others.
- Ned Cunningham won the Hoboken Harriers 5M race in just over 27:00. Official results to come!
- Last week, several Whippets ran in the North Face Endurance Challenge at Bear Mountain. The marathon relay team that included Jeremy Shingleton, Eric Morley, and Skyler Mosenthal came in first place and broke the course record! Jerlyn Thomas ran 13:57:52 for the 50 mile race. Cassie Wangsness ran 7:10:02 for the 50k race.
- At the Hood to Hudson 100 mile relay organized by NBR, the Whippets fielded two teams. The winning team was composed of Sam Burlingame, Yumiko Higaki, Louis Pelino, Steve Wo, Helen Dennis, Lauren Fouda, AJ Khaw, Aaron Sachs. The third place team was Megan Jones, Geraldine Yang, Jessica Chichester, Tatiana Abugova, Laura Costello, Sriram Narayan, Daniil Blinov, Scott Batten. Congratulations!
- Mary Wittenberg to step down: http://www.nyrr.org/media-
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.