Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
- Note: Apparel is no long available at Jackrabbit. Russ Stram has volunteered to distribute apparel out of his PT clinic in midtown starting as early as next week. More information to follow soon.
- We have a new discount available – 15% off VO2, lactate threshold, and metabolic efficiency testing at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Sky has done the test and it looks really cool. Information here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We will be doing a party on the beach after the Brooklyn Half. Here is all the info: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The party will be a potluck (transportation of food items from the start courtesy of Chris Forti). Fill out what you want to bring here: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/ 1pDIrZqQTtRSwsCFnag76wDid06tUj h9gPX11NA-sA68/viewform
- Make sure to RSVP for the race here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our track meet is set for May 30th at the East River Park track. The pace of registrations has picked up a bit in the last week or two, so definitely make sure to register before we start thinking about capping the meet (http://trackmeet.
- We still need people to volunteer for the meet! RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are also volunteering for the Corporate Challenge on Wednesday, June 3. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We now have New Balance short sleeve t-shirts for sale. We are selling these ourselves – not at Jackrabbit – but at events like the post-Brooklyn Half Party. Here are some pictures: https://instagram.com/p/
18rf8psrCI/ and https://instagram.com/p/ 18rXY4MrBt/
- Simon is coaching a running class at the Mile High Run Club this Friday. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Bronx 10 miler is open and is a points race in September: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are doing a team anniversary run to commemorate our first ever run on Friday, June 19. This will follow the footsteps of our first run from City Hall Park over the Brooklyn Bridge and back over the Manhattan Bridge before heading to a bar. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
(full results report coming next week!)
- Judge Gives Homeless, Addicts a Second Chance Through Running: http://www.runnersworld.com/
runners-stories/judge-gives- homeless-addicts-a-second- chance-through-running
- Chicago Marathon Lottery by the Numbers: http://www.runnersworld.com/
chicago-marathon/chicago- marathon-lottery-by-the- numbers
- Why You Should Have A Quiver Of Running Shoes: http://running.competitor.com/
2014/07/staff-blog/sole-man- quiver-running-shoes_107583# b0j3ctpLLqCO03BZ.99
- 3 Tips For Surviving A Stress Fracture: http://running.competitor.com/
2015/04/injury-prevention/ three-tips-for-surviving-a- stress-fracture_127251# xcv2CxQjpf1GUKR1.99
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.