Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
Note: We replenished our singlet inventory and should have t-shirts at the 14th Street Jackrabbit in the next few days. We also have some women’s jackets available and will replenish as much as we can of the jackets in the next several weeks. Please let me know if you would like a jacket.
- Our track meet is set for May 30th at the East River Park track and registration is now open. Please forward the following link to anyone that is interested! http://trackmeet.
- NYRR has updated the team standings to reflect the first race of the year. This is the first time we’ve had teams in first place (masters women and 50+ men) and our women’s open team is in our highest place in team history. See the standings here: http://www.nyrr.org/charities-
- Make sure to register for the following June points races to keep our momentum going!
- NYRR 4M (coed, but only a points race for men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Mini 10k (women only): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run (points race for men and women!): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
We had a huge turnout at the NYC Half and can’t possibly mention everyone that had a great race. A small recap is below, but please see the full results here: http://web2.nyrrc.org/cgi-bin/
- Hugh Parker and David Roeske worked together to run 1:14:13 and 1:14:32, respectively. Fred Hines ran a PR of 1:16:45 and Chris Dawes also broke 1:17 with a 1:16:59. Three other runners (Josh Novack, Ning Zhou, and Josh Whitcraft) all ran between 1:18 and 1:19). Also running outstanding times were Jonathan Park (1:26:04), Frank Drury (1:26:59 – 9th in his age group), and Brian Donaghy (1:28:14).
- On the women’s side, Hannah Ursillo paced the team with a 1:29:43. Chandler Rainey, Norah Daly, Caroline Dampier, Leah Robbins, Courtney Reidy, and Patricia Choux all ran under 1:36. Other great times included Jennifer Marino-Gabrielli (1:36:15), Patricia Tirona (1:39:53), and Megan Jones with a 5 minute PR (1:39:55)!
Some other results from the past several weeks:
- Bobby Liu ran the 38th Annual NYPD vs FDNY 5 mile race in 31:26 to place 4th overall, Tito Sinha ran the Parade Day 5k in Rockaway NY in 23:42, Josh Whitcraft ran a 5:02 mile at the NYRR Night at the Races on 3/10/15, and Rick Thiounn completed the Antarctica Marathon to become a member of the 7 continents club.
- At the Front Runners 2015 Invitational track meet, Jon Kline ran a 2:31 in the 800 and 4:55 in the 1500. Ned Cunningham ran a 9:23 in the 3000 and 4:18 in the 1500. Scott Batten ran the 3000 in 11:16.
- A Jogging Stroller Unlike Any You’ve Seen: http://running.competitor.com/
2015/03/shoes-and-gear/a- jogging-stroller-unlike-any- youve-seen_124554# p7CPVAJ2iLe77r7M.99
- Running Efficiency Doesn’t Deteriorate With Age: http://www.runnersworld.com/
masters-training/running- efficiency-doesnt-deteriorate- with-age
- Lap Counting Mistake Mars Women’s 5000 Meters at DIII National Championships: http://www.runnersworld.com/
college-racing/lap-counting- mistake-mars-womens-5000- meters-at-diii-national- championships
- Will Violence End Ultra Caballo Blanco?: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.