Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
The 2015 NYRR Club Points races have been announced. They will be:
- Washington Heights 5k
- Scotland Run 10k
- Brooklyn Half Marathon
- Portugal Run (now 4 miles and just a points race for men)
- Mini 10k (just a points race for women)
- Pride Run
- Team Championships
- 5th Avenue Mile
- Bronx 10M (new this year as a points race replacing the Autism 4M)
- Grete’s Gallop (we voted for SI, but lost the vote – this may or may not be a half marathon this year)
- NYC Marathon
- Ted Corbitt 15k
Make sure to register for the NYC Marathon if you are planning on running it. The deadline is February 15!
- We’ve started a new part of the site where you can ask the coaches questions. Check it out here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Also, check out all our recent blog posts and updates on the Running Dog: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- For the second week, tonight’s Thursday evening workout this week is being moved to Central Park from the East River Track due to snow. Check out the new meetup info here (for this week): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are having our 2015 annual team meeting on February 25. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Please note that the Armory track meet for tonight has been cancelled.
- The Washington Heights 5k is officially the first team points race of the year, although it has already reached capacity. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We need volunteers for the NYC Half Marathon water station. If you’re going to cheer, might as well do it from a water station! This will help the team get marathon spots. Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/219826703/ and make sure to register at http://mynyrr.nyrr.org!
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results:
- In the Gridiron 4M, Will Newland and Javad Husain had PRs to lead the men in 24:19 and 24:45, respectively. Frank Drury was 4th in his age group. Courtney Reidy and Meghan Prin also had PRs in 27:38 and 27:56 to pace the women’s team. Ben Tischler and Cricky Cicchetti also had nice PRs.
- Coaching Under the Influence of Jack Daniels: http://www.runnersworld.com/
general-interest/coaching- under-the-influence-of-jack- daniels
- Top Masters Performances for 2014: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Meb Keflezighi’s 6 Training Tips for Traveling Runners: http://running.competitor.com/
2015/02/training/meb- keflezighis-6-training-tips- traveling-runners_122270
- 7 Things You Should Know About The 2015 U.S. Cross Country Championships: http://running.competitor.com/
2015/02/news/7-things-know- 2015-u-s-cross-country- championships_122080?utm_ medium=whats-hot
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.