Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
- Congratulations to Carolina Pena, who was nominated for NYRR age group Runner of the Year. The full list of nominees is here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/nyrr-club-night/ 2014-nyrr-runner-of-the-year- award-nominees-and-team-award- winners
- Awards will be given out at Club Night in March. Our women’s team will pick up a trophy for our fifth place standing in the A division. Information on Club Night is here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We had over 200 members sign up for the Brooklyn Half – a team record!
- We are running out of men’s jackets (only one or two left), but still have women’s jacketsexcept for XS. Let me know if you want one!
- If you are planning on going to Boston in April to run or watch the marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We need volunteers for the NYC Half Marathon water station. If you’re going to cheer, might as well do it from a water station! This will help the team get marathon spots. Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/219826703/ and make sure to register at http://mynyrr.nyrr.org!
- If you’re doing the Manhattan Half, RSVP here so we can communicate the pre-race plans: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The next Armory meet is on Thursday, January 29. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Register for the Washington Heights 5k – what will probably be the first points race of 2015 here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- Register for the NYC Marathon if you plan on running it (by 2/15). Information here: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/getting-in?utm_ source=nyrrorg&utm_medium= slider&utm_campaign= applynycm2015
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: https://docs.google.com/forms/
- At last week’s Thursday Night at the Races, Ned Cunningham ran 2:13.11 in the 800 and 4:43.01 in the mile. Chris Forti ran 2:20.69 and 5:05.81.
- Buffalo and Rochester Will Race for Bragging Rights: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- 4 Common Race Mistakes to Avoid in 2015: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.