Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
- First, a huge congratulations to Sky Canaves! Sky is the first member of the team to be chosen to represent the United States at a world competition. In April, Sky will travel to Torino, Italy as part of the USATF national 24 hour race team to compete in the world 24 hour race championships!
- We have several jackets at each size left for women (except XS). We’re very short on men’s jackets, but let me know if you need one and I’ll see what we have left.
- We have singlets at the 14th Street Jackrabbit, but they are out of women’s smalls. We are replenishing those shortly.
- If you have any questions about the team plans or training in general, our coaches have volunteered to do a Q&A. Please ask questions here and we will post their answers! https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/1RgkRenQxQXnYsRd6YhW- GG8L6rTj4lQW7XO1ugmtZvo/ viewform
Make sure to follow us on social media:
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- We need volunteers for the NYC Half Marathon water station. If you’re going to cheer, might as well do it from a water station! This will help the team get marathon spots. Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/219826703/ and make sure to register at http://mynyrr.nyrr.org!
- Our new Thursday morning workout is tomorrow at 6:30 am!. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The first indoor track meet at the Armory is this week! RSVP here for more information: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Megan and Sky are hosting a trail run in Staten Island. See here for more information: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you’re doing the Manhattan Half, RSVP here so we can communicate the pre-race plans: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Gridiron 4M is nearing capacity. Register here if you are interested in running it: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Register for the Washington Heights 5k – what will probably be the first points race of 2015 here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- Remember that the NYC Marathon opens for registration on 1/15 and the Brooklyn Half opens on 1/21. The Brooklyn Half will fill up very shortly after opening, so try to register soon after it opens!
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: https://docs.google.com/forms/
- DWRT traveled to the Magic Kingdom this weekend. Francesca Delucia, Leah Robbins, and Richie Hildebrand did the Goofy Challenge (1:37:31/3:14:40, 1:44:46/3:29:58, and 1:43:38/4:07:57 respectively). Alexandra London (1:40:32) ran the half and Otto Lam (3:28:13), Lauren Russo (4:07:29, Chris Wong (4:21:32), Jerlyn Thomas (4:45:18 pacing a friend), and Meredith Nadler (4:10:44) ran the full marathon.
- The Dashing Whippets women came in second place in the Joe Kleinerman 10k in the 17 degree temperatures. The women were paced by Hannah Ursillo, who ran a PR in 42:07. William Newland ran his first race for the team in 39:30. Mark Heller ran 43:36 to place 15th in the 50 to 54 age group. Full team results can be found here.
- The Marathon Runner Who Jumps Over All Hurdles: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
- Half of Young Doctors are Runners: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- 3 Cool Fitness Trends at CES 2015: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- 8 Running Injuries No One Ever Talks About: http://www.runnersworld.com/